Terms and Conditions
1. The participant accepts that the event they are entering is non-competitive.
2. The participant is fully responsible for their actions whilst attending the event. This includes the event centre and during the ride itself. Cycle School Singapore does not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions.
3. Each participant, upon participation, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance they have chosen. If, during the event, they decide to change their route and distance, then all consequences of this action are theirs.
4. The Indemnity (Release and Waiver) Form must be completed by all person aged 21 years or over. Evidence of age may be requested.
5. Each participant accepts full responsibility for any fees or costs incurred or arising from the need for repatriation.
6. It is mandatory that all riders wear a safety approved cycling helmet complying with latest standards. Any rider not wearing a helmet will be liable for damages if involved in an accident on that basis. The rider must accept this as a condition of entry. Cycle School Singapore reserve the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
7. Upon participation, the participant confirms that they are able bodied and sufficiently healthy so as not to endanger themselves or be a danger to other participants and members of public.
8. During the event there may be warning signs at appropriate points on roads. Absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the trail or road is rideable and the participant is deemed to make their own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
9. Any marked route is shown for guidance and has to be adhered for the event. Therefore, if the rider chooses to ride a section, it is entirely their own choice. If they choose a different route to avoid obstacles or sections they decide are beyond their capabilities, they do so entirely at their own risk.
10. You must obey all rules of the road. You are requested to ride in no more than 2 abreast on public highways and cycling paths at all times. Please be aware of your fellow cyclists and any other traffic. Please always indicate your intention to stop or change direction. All cyclists must adhere to and obey the rules of the road, local By laws and laws of Singapore where applicable and extend all reasonable courtesy to other road and off road users.
11. Cycle School Singapore reserves the right to alter the published route at anytime, including shortening or lengthening the routes. Participants do not have the right to claim a refund if the route is altered. All route details given, including but not limited to distances and amount of climbing are estimates.
12. Riders must be considerate to other road users. Upon seeing other users, such as personal mobility devices and pedestrians, riders are required to slow down and pass with care. Where appropriate, riders should stop and wait at the side of the route.
13. Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service in and outside Singapore . If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the rider agrees that a member of Cycle School Singapore team or a member of the public may call for them. In this situation, the rider still accepts the costs and consequences of such actions.
14. Each participant agrees to assign and grant the right and permission for Cycle School Singapore to use and publish any photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant on any Cycle School Singapore activity. The participant hereby releases Cycle School Singapore from any and all liability from such use and promotion. The participant hereby authorises the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of Cycle School Singapore. The participant specifically waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant at a Cycle School Singapore event.
15. The participants agree to return or call the facilitators before the close of the event. Not doing so will mean that a search may be organised and the subsequent cost will be billed to the rider.
16. Event participation fees cannot be refunded. Entries can be transferred at the discretion of Cycle School Singapore. An admin fee may be charged.
17. Cycle School Singapore reserves the right to cancel any event, due to extreme weather conditions and or other unexpected contingencies whereby safety is compromised. In such an event, each participation fee would be subject to the booking Terms and Conditions. Refunds will be at the discretion of Cycle School Singapore.
18. No motorised or power assisted bicycles, including but not limited to EU legal e-bikes are permitted at any event without specific permission prior to entry.
18. Any cancellations and/ or rescheduling before 48 hours of the commencement of the activity shall not incur any additional charges.
19. Cancellation and/ or rescheduling within 48 hours of commencement of lessons will incur the forfeit of all deposit made.
20. Confirmation of activity is only guaranteed upon payment of activity deposit.